FY19 Navy Training
FY19 Training is broken down into three groups: GMT, Safety and Security Training
MASS GMT Sessions for SAPR, CMEO, and Suicide Prevention
January 2nd 1420-1700 Mass GMT Session (1500-1700 for USN)
February 28th 1420-1700 Mass GMT Session (1500-1700 for USN)
April 18th 0920-1200 Mass GMT Session (1000-1200 for USN)
May 23th 1420-1700 Mass GMT (1500-1700 for USN)
July 11th 0920-1200 Mass GMT Session (1000-1700 for USN)
August 1st 1420-1700 Mass GMT (1500-1700 for USN)
September 5th 1420-1700 Mass GMT Session (1500-1700 for USN)
1420-1430 CTIP – LT Haddad (Civilians Only)
1430-1440 Records Management – Alan Pires (Civilians Only)
1440-1450 Privacy / PII – LT Smoke (Civilians Only)
1500-1615 SAPR/POSH – LT Haddad/SARC/VA (Civilians and USN)
1615-1645 Suicide Awareness – Chaplain/SPC (Civilians, USN)
1645-1700 EO/CMEO LT Larson (USN)
0920-0930 CTIP – LT Haddad (Civilians Only)
0930-0940 Records Management – Alan Pires (Civilians Only)
0940-0950 Privacy / PII – LT Smoke (Civilians Only)
1000-1030 Suicide Awareness – Chaplain/SPC (Civilians, USN)
1030-1145 SAPR/POSH – LT Haddad/SARC/VA (Civilians and USN)
1145-1200 EO/CMEO LT Larson (USN)
4 out of the 5 required trainings for FY19 will be offered throughout the year as Face to Face trainings. Sessions will be posted below, student muster page, and announced via bulk email.
- Suicide Prevention (Face to Face Training)
- SAPR (Face to Face Training)
Course 3 and 4 will be held periodically throughout the year as face to face training. These trainings can also be completed online.
3. Counterintelligence (Face to Face Preferred Training)
- To complete online at http://cdsetrain.dtic.mil/cidod/
- or on https://learning.nel.navy.mil/: Course Number - DON-CIAR-1.0
- You MUST Email certificate to the Training Officer to receive credit if done on CDSE.
4. OPSEC (Face to Face Preferred Training)
- Course Number: NOST-USOPSEC-3.0
5. Equal Oppurtunity (Face to Face Training)
Courses 6 and 7 must be taken online.
6. Antiterrorism Level 1 (CENSECFOR-AT-010-1.0)
7. For Students with secret clearance and below: Cyber Awareness Challenge. (DOD-IAA-V15.0) For students with TS/SCI clearance: DoD Intelligence Community Cyber Awareness Challenge 2018 (DOD-IC-IAA-V15.0)
Optional (Available on Navy eLearning)
For more information on these topics and local resuorces contact the Training Officer.
Command Assessment Readiness Enhancement (CARE) Training
- Alcohol, Drug and Tobacco Awareness
- Stress Management
- Domestic Violence
- Sexual Health and Responsibility
- Physical Readiness
- Hazing Policy and Prevention
- Personal Financial Management
- Operational Risk management
- Energy Policy
- DON Annual Privacy Training
- Counter Trafficing in Persons
- Records Management
- Equal Oppurtunity
Training by UIC:
USN Military now have access to track their own training on FLTMPS.
Training will not reflect immediately in FLTMPS. Below are average times for training to populate:
- Navy eLearning course - 3-5 business days
- Face to Face Training - 1-2 weeks
- Training outside of Navy eLearning/TWMS (ie: JKO/CDSE/ESAMS/etc) - a certificate needs to be sent to the Training Officer or training will not show complete.
If your question is not listed below, contact the Training Officer.
1. What training do I have to do?
- Per NAVADMIN 266/18, there are 5 types of trainings required:
- The mandatory GMT topics include: Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Awareness; Suicide Prevention; Cyber Awareness; Counterintelligence Awareness and Reporting; and Antiterrorism Level 1 Awareness. Privacy Act training is now a biennial requirement and will be mandated in FY-20.
2. Where do I complete my training?
- Most GMT is held on NKO or conducted in person. The exception is counterintelligence training that should be done face to face to the max extent possible but can be done on the CDSE website. A copy of the certificate shall be sent to the Training Officer to receive credit.
3. How do I track my training?
USN Navy now have access to track their own training on FLTMPS. Under Account Applications click "Access Electronic Training Jacket (ETJ) Personal Account"
4. Why isn't my training completion updated?
- It may take the system up to a week to show up in FLTMPS as completed. If the course is done on another site (ie: TWMS/JKO/ESAMS etc) it can take longer for the data to update. Any training done face-to-face is entered within a week of the training but may take up to two weeks to show up in your record.
5. If I attended face-to-face training do I still have to do it online?
- No. Some requirements list multiple ways to complete the training. Any one of those will fulfill that requirement.
6. The training has multiple options for fulfilling the requirement. Which do I do?
- The training options are listed in order of preference but you may complete whichever option works best for you.
7. Which browser should I use to get on TWMS/NKO/ESAMS etc?
- Internet Explorer is the best browser to ensure full functionailty of the system. For more help see the TWMS Browser Settings Guide.
8. How do I Navigate NKO?
The Navy is keeping up with tech and coming out with apps to supplement or replace various websites and training. You can find all of the apps at https://www.applocker.navy.mil. Below is just a preview of the available apps:
CLREC - The app is a product of the Center for Language, Regional Expertise, and Culture (CLREC). The current version of this app focuses on the Fleet Concentration Areas of Bahrain, Italy, Japan, The Philippines, South Korea, and Spain. The CLREC Navy Global Deployer App is divided into the following sections for each nation: Culture Training, Culture Card, Etiquette Guide, Language Phrases, Language Guide. In addition, the app includes sections detailing General Resources available to the user, Emergency resources, and a Favorites section, which allows users to bookmark and easily access parts of the app they find personally important.
Available Training Apps:
NPS Safety Training
This training can be satisfied via the Monthly Training Emails (info located GMT section above) if you are attached to an NPS UIC at the time the email is sent. If you are not attached to NPS for the emails, click links below for training requirements.
NPS Security Training
NPS Security Training is required to maintain your clearance and SCIF/STBL access. Please ensure you complete the required training for the security clearance that you currently hold. If you have questions on this training requirement, please contact the Security Training Officer at (831) 656-2450 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For those with SCI Access:
Marking classified information
PLEASE Click here to certify you have completed this training—You will not get credit for training completion until you record it via this link.
For those without SCI Access:
Marking classified information
When complete with above training briefs
PLEASE Click here to certify you have completed this training: