SE Student's Thesis
Students are required to write a thesis or capstone project. This page has guidance on the Systems Engineering Department’s policies for theses and capstone projects.
Thesis Research Resources:
- SE Thesis Research Methods - Describes four relevant research methods for systems engineering and comments on thesis research characteristics leading to a good thesis.
- Thesis Proposal Form - The proposal form for approval and submission to begin a thesis.
Capstone Research Resources:
- SE Capstone Guide - Describes department expectations for the capstone project.
- Capstone Proposal Form - The proposal form for approval and submission to begin a capstone project.
- Guide for Systems Engineering Graduate Work: Make Your Thinking Visible
Dissertation Research Resources:
- All thesis research resources above
- Papers from Systems Engineering Journal on Research Methods: (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/sys.v20.6/issuetoc)
- Guide for Systems Engineering Graduate Work: Make Your Thinking Visible - Provides advice on writing well and effectively to communicate technical content.
- Library Research Guide for Systems Engineering
- Graduate Writing Center
- Thesis Processing Office
For additional questions, please contact Ms. Barbara Berlitz.