PI/PD Annual Online Trainings
FY18 Training is available. (posted 24 July 2017)
Trainings are required for anyone who functions as a PI/PD on sponsored projects. The three modules cover Accountability/Fiscal Law, Protection of Human Subjects and Stewardship. Training modules have moved to Sakai. A quick start guide has been created to get you through logging in and taking the trainings.
Instructions for accessing the NPS - Research Compliance Training site for the First-time training module user:
(Follow the steps below if you have NEVER taken the training in Sakai. Otherwise you can go directly to the training.)
- Go to the Sakai (https//:cle.nps.edu) site and click on "NPS Users click here to login"
- Once you are in the site, click on the "Membership" link in the left-hand navigation menu
- Click on "Joinable Sites" in the Membership banner across the page
- Search for: NPS - Research Compliance Training
- Click the "Join" link under the course title
- If you are not taken to the site automatically, you should now see the link in your "Quicklinks" menu, or under the "My Active Sites" list. Click the link to get started.
Once you have completed the steps above, you will be able to go directly to the training site using this link: NPS - Research Compliance Training.
NOTE: To see your test scores you'll need to click on the Gradebook link in the right-hand navigation menu.
Responsible Conduct of Research Training for NSF Proposals:
Additional training is required for National Science Foundation proposals involving Faculty Associates working on the sponsored project.
RCR Certification Form (pdf)
Human Subjects/IRB Ethics Training:
If your research requires Institutional Review Board (IRB) review, there are specific training requirements beyond those required by RSPO. Please see the IRB's Ethics Training page for more information.
Other NPS Training:
Other NPS training is also available on the NPS Training Page. NPS Faculty members are also required to complete the Unclassified Scholarly Material Public Release Training in Sakai.