Welcome to the Naval Research Program Portal!
The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Naval Research Program (NRP) is funded by the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and supports research projects for the Navy and Marine Corps. The NRP research projects are comprised of individual research teams, where projects are conducted, NPS expertise is developed, and then maintained, on behalf of the Navy and Marine Corps. Learn more...
NPS Faculty: Submit an Initial Research Estimate Form (IREF) TODAY!!
The IREF is used to submit a preliminary proposed research Statement of Work (SOW) for NRP research topics. Prior to, during and following the Naval Research Working Group, faculty and students work with Topic Sponsors to scope proposed projects, and then submit an IREF for topics they wish to research. Discussions with the Topic Sponsor is strongly encouraged.
8 MAY: Deadline IREF Submission - Faculty interested in working on an FY20 NRP research project must submit an IREF by 8 May. No extensions.
15 May: Deadline for Dean/Supervisor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
22 May: Deadline for Research Topic Sponsor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
- 24 Apr: FINAL (extended) Deadline to Submit Research Topics for FY20 Research Consideration
- 26 Apr: Topic Submission for FY21 Cycle Opens
- 24, 25, 30 Apr / 1, 2, 7 May: IREF Submission Process Info Sessions
- 08 May: Deadline for Faculty to Submit an IREF for FY20 Funding Consideration
- 15 May: Deadline for Dean/Supervisor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
- 22 May: Deadline for Research Topic Sponsor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
- 28 May: NRP Distributes IREF Package to Topic Sponsor Leads for Review & Prioritization
- 26 Jun: Deadline for Topic Sponsor Leads to Submit FY20 IREF Prioritization to the NRP
- See more...