Welcome to the Naval Research Program Portal!
The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) Naval Research Program (NRP) is funded by the Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) and supports research projects for the Navy and Marine Corps. The NRP research projects are comprised of individual research teams, where projects are conducted, NPS expertise is developed, and then maintained, on behalf of the Navy and Marine Corps. Learn more...
Submit a Topic for FY21 Research Consideration TODAY!!
FY20 Research Topic and IREF Submission has ended and topic review and board consideration for FY20 funding is fast approaching. Topic review and board consideration for funding is done on an annual cycle but you can submit a new topic or resubmit a topic for consideration at any time. Get ahead in the next round and submit a topic for FY21 TODAY! Learn More...
15 May: Deadline for Dean/Supervisor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
22 May: Deadline for Research Topic Sponsor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
A topic must have a Navy/Marine sponsor designated prior to IREF submission and must have an approved IREF to be considered at the Navy and Marine Research Review Boards.
Sponsors: If you are a sponsor who would like to sponsor/co-sponsor a faculty/student/cross-agency generated topic/idea please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your consent and contact information.
- 10 May: Topic Submission for FY21 Cycle Opened
- 15 May: Deadline for Dean/Supervisor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
- 22 May: Deadline for Research Topic Sponsor to Approve/Disapprove FY20 IREFs
- 28 May: NRP Distributes IREF Package to Topic Sponsor Leads for Review & Prioritization
- 26 Jun: Deadline for Topic Sponsor Leads to Submit FY20 IREF Prioritization to the NRP
- See more...