The Graduate Writing Center’s Writing Resources pages provide learning and reference materials to support you at different stages of the writing process, across a wide range of topics, and through multiple media, including videos, handouts, modules, and books.
We have created resources specifically for NPS students and selected other concise, creative, and informative material from across the web.
Tips for Navigating This Site
If you know what skills you want to develop, navigate Writing Resources using the themes in the left-side menu—from understanding the writing process to discipline-specific guidance.
Each theme is broken down into subtopics; learn at your own pace and develop your writing knowledge by drilling down into each topic.
If you’re seeking information on a more specific issue or have a clear question you’re trying to answer, the All-topics Index to the right is the most direct way to go.
- Why write? A message from the CNO, Admiral John Richardson
- Make an appointment with an NPS Graduate Writing Coach
- GWC quarterly resident workshops
- GWC filmed workshops
- GWC-recommended book list
- Compilations of NPS thesis abstracts
- Dudley Knox Library (DKL) Citation Guide
- NPS Thesis Processing Office
- NPS Institutional Review Board (IRB)—human subjects research
The following index makes searching for a specific topic easier and links to the appropriate place in the sequenced material. We think we have most of them, but please email us at email@example.com if we are missing something!