Overcoming Writer's Block
Everyone has experienced at least a little mental resistance while trying to write. We regularly offer "Unlocking the Brain: Tips for Writer's Block," a freeform Q&A/dicussion with coaches and student panelists, to explore some of the ways we conquer writer's block. Meanwhile, check out the following links.
Overcoming Writer's Block Links
- Handout (printable): "Symptoms and Cures for Writer's Block," Purdue OWL
- Handout (printable): "Writing Anxiety," UNC Chapel Hill Writing Center
- Video (2:56): "Research & Writing Tips: How to Get Rid of Writer's Block," Laura Turner
- Video (19:28): "Your Elusive Creative Genius," TEDTalk by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Book: The 7 Secrets of the Prolific: The Definitive Guide to Overcoming Procrastination, Perfectionism, and Writer's Block, Hillary Rettig, Infinite Art, 2011
- Book: Rework, Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson, Crown Business, 2010
The following index makes searching for a specific topic easier and links to the appropriate place in the sequenced material. We think we have most of them, but please email us at email@example.com if we are missing something!