Presentations and Graphics
Preparing a lecture, slide deck, or poster? These resources will help boost your polish and confidence.
Presentations and Public Speaking
- The GWC offers a quarterly workshop on presentation skills: "How to Give a Classroom Presentation."
- The NPS Toastmasters Club meets on Fridays and offers opportunities to hone the craft of public speaking.
Graphics and Posters
- The GWC offers a workshop every other quarter on using and creating visuals, with an emphasis on theses and other culminating projects: "Illustrating Your Thesis with Figures and Tables."
- For best practices on how to discuss visuals effectively, see our other workshop on graphs and graphics, also offered in alternating quarters: "Writing about Figures and Tables."
- Our online poster module offers guidelines and templates for creating an appealing and effective poster.
- The Displaying Data section of our "Discipline-Specific Resources" page lists numerous useful references for creating graphs and other data displays.
- Looking for feedback on your poster or graphics? Contact the Writing Center for assistance.