Intranet Access for Faculty, Staff, and Students
The Naval Postgraduate School Intranet is restricted to faculty, staff, and students who have an NPS user account. To view the Intranet site, valid users must connect from within the internal NPS network or remotely by using one of the following applications.
If you have any issues with connecting to the Intranet, please contact the Technology Assistance Center.
NPS CloudLab is the best method to access a wide variety of popular applications and web services via Windows virtual desktop. NPS CloudLab only requires a web browser and an internet connection.
Using NPS CloudLab you will be able to access various internal websites/applications including, but not limited to, NPS Intranet, Matlab, Python, SharePoint, Student Muster, and Student Opinion Forms (SOFs).
To use NPS CloudLab:
- Visit https://cloudlab.nps.edu
- Select CloudLab HTML Access for online virtual desktop OR
- Select Install CloudLab Client to download VMware client (Windows or Mac) or mobile application (iOS, Android) OR
- Non-supported web browsers, click here for instructions
- Enter your NPS "User Name" and "Password" then click "Login"
These applications and services are delivered instantly to users via any computer or mobile device connected to a network at any location on or off campus.
Virtual Private Network
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) creates a secure connection to the NPS internal network.
NPS supports connections from the Cisco AnyConnect (SSL) VPN client, and from the Cisco VPN (IPSec) client.
Either client will allow you to:
- Access internal websites/applications including, but not limited to, the Intranet, Python, Student Muster, and Student Option Forms.
- Map network drives (including your "H" drive).
- Remote desktop over to computers located on campus.
Since your remote computer will be connected to the NPS network, it must meet our security requirements. Operating system security patches must be applied, and anti-virus software must be installed and kept up to date.
The Cisco AnyConnect client will allow you to connect your home computer to the NPS network. Select your Operating System to download and install the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client:
Many handheld devices, including the iPad and iPhone, have native support for the Cisco VPN (IPSec) Client. The Cisco VPN (IPSec) client configuration settings and client software are available on the Software Download page under Remote Access Tools. An NPS Login is required to access this page.