Become an Advocate for Crew Endurance
Here are things you can do for your command and for the fleet:
- Become educated on the benefits of crew rest.
- (Use the resources on this site or contact the Crew Endurance Team at NPS for assistance.)
- Spread the word about the importance of crew endurance. (Use P-4, CO Calls, social media, etc.)
- Support shipboard studies by offering your ship/crew/command as a study site for the NPS Crew Endurance Team.
- Assign a POC/Action Officer to make sure you maintain traction with Crew Endurance efforts.
- Collaborate with other TYCOMS (Sub, Air, Surface, etc.) to spread the news and share best practices.
Share Your Experiences
If you have been on a ship that implemented a circadian-based watchbill, consider sharing your experience with the fleet.
Contact the Crew Endurance Team at NPS to pass along Lessons Learned and Success Stories.