NSA Monterey Chapel
- Provides responsive advocacy of spiritual needs, ethical maturity, and moral resiliency to all we serve through counseling services, training evolutions, and worship opportunities.
- Assists service members and their families in coping with military life and to enable them to accomplish their respective missions as moral warriors and virtuous citizens.
- Cares for NSA Monterey clientele and seeks to enhance their quality of life.
- Desires to be a responsive civic partner by building and nurturing effective relationships with agencies and communities outside of NSA Monterey by participating in public events.
Please call us at (831) 656-2241 for more information.
- 1030 - Sunday*
- 0900 - Sunday*
- 1205 - Monday-Thursday
- Daily (Building 300 Prayer Room)
* Fellowship following service.
NSAM Chapel Staff
LCDR John VanDyke
LCDR Van Dyke was commissioned as a Chaplain in 2006 and has served tours in Norfolk, VA, Okinawa, Japan, and Camp Lejeune, NC. He is ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America and pastored churches in Tennessee, North Carolina and Ohio before becoming a chaplain. He earned his PhD from the University of Glasgow and has taught at Appalachian State University and King College. He and his wife Lisa have been married for 30 years and have two children, Rachel and Samuel.
Fr. Dominic-Joseph R. Castro
Fr. Castro was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1998 and has served in a variety of ministries: parish ministry; college campus ministry; prison ministry. Fr. Castro graduated from Saint Patrick Seminary in Menlo Park, California after completing undergraduate courses and graduate courses at Oblate College of Philosophy and Theology in Washington, DC. He has a B.A. degree in Philosophy and a Masters in Divinity. Fr. Castro has been the Catholic priest at Naval Support Activity Monterey since 2011.
Office Adminstrator and Facility Manager
RP2 Koback joined the NSAM Chapel Staff in January 2016. He served with the 31st Marine Expeditionary Unit in Okinawa, followed by a tour with Special Warfare Group 4 in Virginia, before coming to Monterey. He is married and enjoys rock climbing and jiujitsu.