NSA Monterey Chapel
- Provides responsive advocacy of spiritual needs, ethical maturity, and moral resiliency to all we serve through counseling services, training evolutions, and worship opportunities.
- Assists service members and their families in coping with military life and to enable them to accomplish their respective missions as moral warriors and virtuous citizens.
- Cares for NSA Monterey clientele and seeks to enhance their quality of life.
- Desires to be a responsive civic partner by building and nurturing effective relationships with agencies and communities outside of NSA Monterey by participating in public events.
Please call us at (831) 656-2241 for more information.
- 1030 - Sunday*
- 0900 - Sunday*
- 1205 - Monday-Thursday
- Daily (Building 300 Prayer Room)
* Fellowship following service.
NSAM Chapel Staff
LCDR Rob Nelson
LCDR Nelson received his commission in 2006, having previously served in both the Army and the Marine Corps in Intelligence roles. His previous Chaplain tours include the USS George H. W. Bush, NSA/CSS Hawaii, and 2/3 Marines Infantry. Prior to becoming a Chaplain, he planted and pastored Southern Baptist churches, and worked in international and north american disaster relief and humanitarian aid. He and his wife Crystal have been married for 23 years and have two children, LTJG Jess Stock and HM3 CJ Nelson.
LCDR John VanDyke
LCDR Van Dyke was commissioned as a Chaplain in 2006 and has served tours in Norfolk, VA, Okinawa, Japan, and Camp Lejeune, NC. He is ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America and pastored churches in Tennessee, North Carolina and Ohio before becoming a chaplain. He earned his PhD from the University of Glasgow and has taught at Appalachian State University and King College. He and his wife Lisa have been married for 28 years and have two children, Rachel and Samuel.
Fr. Dominic-Joseph R. Castro
Fr. Castro was ordained a Roman Catholic priest in 1998 and has served in a variety of ministries: parish ministry; college campus ministry; prison ministry. Fr. Castro graduated from Saint Patrick Seminary in Menlo Park, California after completing undergraduate courses and graduate courses at Oblate College of Philosophy and Theology in Washington, DC. He has a B.A. degree in Philosophy and a Masters in Divinity. Fr. Castro has been the Catholic priest at Naval Support Activity Monterey since 2011.
RP2 Jack Koback
... the new RP!