Prevention, Relief and Recovery
The Prevention, Relief & Recovery (PR&R) program is a practitioner-oriented teaching and engagement institute that conducts programs for peacebuilding, humanitarian, and conflict management professionals around the globe.
PR&R programs are usually designed for mixed groups of practitioners from the various communities involved in these complex activities. A significant number of participants come from governments and armed forces of partner nations, and are funded by US Government Security Assistance/Cooperation funds.
PR&R’s core strength is in the design and delivery of engaging cross-community workshops in the wide domain of conflict prevention/management, disaster preparedness/relief, and conflict recovery. These topics include, but are not limited to:
- Humanitarian Assistance, Disaster Preparedness, & Relief Activities
- Conflict Prevention, Conflict Management, Ethnic Conflict, & Religious-based Violence
- Governance and Institution Capacity Building, Including Defense Governance
- Cross-Cultural Understanding (societies, religions, organizations)
- Conflict Recovery (Refugees/Internally Displaced Persons, Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration, Child Soldiers, Etc.)
- Economic Recovery & Livelihood Promotion