Civilian Master's Degree Scholarship - STEM and Monarch Programs
The Naval Postgraduate School's Center for Cybersecurity and Cyber Operations (C3O) is ready to lead you on the start of your new career in the STEM or MONARCH program. The "Scholarship for Service (SFS)" program DOES NOT entail enrollment in the Military. Our students receive their Master's Degree and move on to CIVILIAN government jobs in such organizations as the CIA, FBI, NSA, and others.
C3O is one of the world's foremost centers for information security education and research and has been key to the designation of NPS as a National Center of Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, National Center of Excellence in Cyber Defense Research, and a National Center of Excellence - Cyber Operations.
- Paid tuition at NPS for two year Master's Degree in Computer Science, emphasis in Information Assurance
- Approximately $34,000/year salary while enrolled in the program, plus allowances for health care reimbursement (up to $3,000/year), textbooks (up to $2000/year), and professional development (up to $4,000/year).
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment and the opportunity to participate in classified classes and research
- Participate in a summer internship to gain real world experience
- Upon graduation, start your paid CIVILIAN position as a cyber security professional in any of a number of government organizations for a minimum of two years
Qualifications for SFS
STEM Program: This program is designed for individuals with a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field, qualifying them to validate many of our program requirements.
Click here for more information on the STEM program
MONARCH Program: This program is designed for anyone with a Bachelors degree in any undergraduate field that have the aptitude and desire to study Computer Science.
Click here for more information on the MONARCH program
Students selected for this program will receive a full 2-year tuition (i.e. six to nine academic quarters) to the NPS Computer Science Program, a yearly stipend while in school, and placement in a summer internship program. After completion of the program, students will seek full-time, paid positions with the Federal Government where they will work for a minimum of two full years. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. 0414102.
SFS Grad Turns Opportunity into Award-Winning Research
MC2 Patrick Dionne | October 9, 2018
For the past 17 years, the Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) has offered a Scholarship for Service (SFS) program sponsored by the National Science Foundation for its master’s degree in computer science with a specialization in cybersecurity and cyber operations, providing a direct pathway to increase the size and diversity of the nation’s cybersecurity talent pool. Read more...
For more information email: email@example.com
Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation (NSF).