Gate Access Services
Services are located at the Sloat Main Gate.
Please read the instructions first. Any problems contact the office at 656-3643.
Customer Service hours are Monday through Friday, 0700 - 1130 and 1200 – 1500 (3 pm)
Note: ALL VISITORS (GUESTS, VENDORS, ETC.) REQUESTING UNESCORTED ACCESS MUST BE VETTED PRIOR TO BEING GRANTED ENTRY ONTO THE INSTALLATION. SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH ARE REQUIRED.
Gate Access Procedures
- Sponsor has guest fill out and return SECNAV form. Personally Identifiable Information MUST be secured, if transmitted electronically. Encryption (via nps.edu network) or AMRDEC SAFE can be used.
- Sponsor completes NSAM Gate Access form.
- Sponsor sends encrypted form to email@example.com. Please check all information is on the form and legible. At firstname.lastname@example.org notify me that you sent an encrypted SecNav 5512 form to the previous email. Please add your email and phone number just in case I need to contact you.
- Gate Access will notify that request has been received and is being processed. Recommend sponsor check back a minimum of three (3) business days for status. If the request comes back unfavorable deliver (in person of Via U.S Mail) your appeal package within the required time limit (10 business days from the time you submit your Waiver Release from).
- NOTE: If guests have already been vetted (within 1 calendar year through Naval Support Activity Monterey Gate Access), just fill out and submit the NSAM Gate Access form. Only the last four digits SSN# required for verification.
- Once vetted please go to the visitor center and get a pass. If you’re not able to get to the visitor center by normal working hours 7:00 – 1500 then please inform us at 831-656-3477. I’ll make arrangements to put you on a gate access list for the night or weekend depending on when you’re coming onto the base. The next working day you’ll need to go to visitor center to get a pass.