The Graduate School of Business & Public Policy at the Naval Postgraduate School announces the 15th Annual Acquisition Research Symposium to be held May 9 -10, 2018 in Monterey, California.
This symposium serves as a forum for the presentation of acquisition research and the exchange of ideas among scholars and practitioners of public-sector acquisition. We seek a diverse audience of influential attendees from academe, government, and industry who are well placed to shape and promote future research in acquisition.
The Symposium Program Committee solicits proposals for papers or panels from academicians, practitioners and others with interests in the study of public procurement policy and management.
The following list of topics is provided to indicate the range of potential research areas of interest for this symposium: economics, finance, financial management, information systems, organization theory, operations management, human resources management, risk management, and marketing, as well as the traditional public procurement areas such as contracting, program/project management, logistics, test and evaluation and systems engineering management.
For additional information: www.researchsymposium.com
Proposals for papers and panels should include an abstract, research methodologies, research issue, expected research results and keywords.
- Proposals for a paper (plan for a 20-minute presentation)
- Proposals for a panel (plan for 90-minute duration) with no more than five people. Usually a panel has a chair and three papers or a chair, discussant and two papers.
- To be considered, proposals must be submitted by November 13, 2017.
- Notifications of accepted proposals will be sent by December 19, 2017.
- Final papers must be submitted by April 4, 2018.