Welcome to the Graduate Student Acquisition Research Program (ARP)
Graduate Student Acquisition Research Program
The Acquisition Research Program (ARP) seeks quality graduate student research. The following list indicates the range of potential research areas of interest; acquisition and procurement policy; contract, supply chain, cost, project, logistics or engineering management; acquisition workforce; public budgeting and finance; outsourcing; performance measurements; collaboration; small business; human systems integration; and more. Choose a sponsor topic or create one of your own.
Acceptance into ARP graduate student research program will provide the following at no cost to you;
- Travel funding (if needed)
- Professional editing (when you complete 3 chapters and again when all chapters are complete).
- Transcription support for digital recordings.
- Produce publishable research (Public Release, Unlimited Distribution)
- Meet ARP milestones and stay on schedule
- Set a goal to complete your thesis/MBA project 2 months prior to graduation
- Submit final WORD copy of your research report, and
- Submit a poster of your research methodologies and findings. (ARP provides the template and has samples for review.)
- Present a poster of your final results or planned research at the 16th Annual Acquisition Research Symposium, 8 May 2019 in Monterey, CA.
- June graduates will present their final results poster.
- December graduates will present their topic/planned research poster.
Submit your application via email to ARP@nps.edu.
- Submit a cover email and attach your program application materials in a single PDF.
- Program Application attachment must include;
- Signed MBA/Thesis Project Plan from Python
- Signed IRB Check List
- Signed ARP Advisor Endorsement Form
- Travel Estimate from DTS (if applicable)
ARP Briefing Materials
- Student ARP General Timeline & Milestones
- Student ARP Research Flowchart
- Student ARP Program Overview
- Student ARP Briefing Presentation
- Student ARP Research Topics
ARP Handbook Series
- Analysis Planning Methodology: For Thesis, Joint Applied Project & MBA Research Reports
- APA Citation Style (6th Edition)
- Effective Tables, Figures & Frequently Used Terms
- Writing Style & English Usage
- ARP Advisor Endorsement Form
- IRB Student Research Checklist
- ARP Editor Input Form
- Travel Request Worksheet
- ARP Student Application Cover Email (sample)
- ARP Student Application (sample)
- ARP Student Bios (sample)
- ARP Student Acknowledgments (sample)
- ARP Student Research Poster - Vertical (sample)
- ARP Student Research Poster - Horizontal (sample)
- ARP DTS Travel Estimate (sample)
For More Information
Contact Jochele Benson
Acquisition Research Program
Naval Postgraduate School
555 Dyer Road
Monterey, CA 93943