Welcome to the Acquisition Research Program
Acquisition Research Program Mission Statement
The NPS Acquisition Research Program, in collaboration with universities, think tanks, industry, and government, creates a stream of relevant information on acquisition policies and management processes, with viable recommendations for improvement.
Acquisition Research Program Purpose
The purpose of the program is to stimulate and support unclassified scholarly research in academic disciplines that bear on defense acquisition workforce and acquisition management, policy research and provide unclassified and non-proprietary findings suitable for publication in open scholarly literature.
Acquisition Research Program Established
Established in 2003, the Acquisition Research Program in the Graduate School of Defense Management (GSDM) at the Naval Postgraduate School is a defense-focused acquisition research program with over 2,100 published research products to date (see www.acquisitionresearch.net).
Funding for the program comes from multiple DoD/DON sponsors interested in stimulating and supporting relevant acquisition research. Specifically, ARP sponsors are interested in graduate student research and scholarly research in academic disciplines that bear on public procurement policy and management at NPS and a variety of research organizations through a grants program.
Specific goals for the APR where established at the inception of the program; they continue to be relevant today. These goals are:
- Position NPS as a recognized leader in defense acquisition research.
- Establish NPS acquisition research as an integral part of policy-making for Departments of Defense and Navy officials.
- Create a stream of relevant information concerning the performance of DoD/DON acquisition policies with viable recommendations for continuous process improvement.
- Prepare the DoD/DON workforce to participate in the continued evolution of the defense acquisition process.
- Collaborate with other universities, think tanks, industry and Government in acquisition research.
Join Our Team of Research Sponsors
We gratefully acknowledge the ongoing support and leadership of our sponsors, whose foresight and vision have assured the continuing success of the Acquisition Research Program:
Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition and Sustainment)
Director, Acquisition Career Management, U.S. Navy
Program Executive Officer, Integrated Warfare Systems
Acquisition Research Program
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, CA 93943
P: (831) 656-3793Email: firstname.lastname@example.org