Back to Search Results
Marco Santo DiRenzo
Graduate School of Defense Management
Phone: (831) 656-2966
- PhD - Drexel University-Philadelphia 2010
- 2006 - 2010 Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- 2004 - 2005 Financial Specialist, Wachovia Bank, N.A., Philadelphia, PA
- 2000 - 2002 Regional Manager, COVO Marketing, Inc. (Cydcor Ltd.), San Francisco Bay Area Region, Concord, CA
- 1999 - 2000 Assistant Manager of Outside Sales, Platinum Marketing, Inc. (Cydcor Ltd.), D.C. Metro Region, Alexandria, VA
My research focuses on the intersection of career development, leadership and team processes, and the work/life interface. In particular, I focus on the underlying processes and contexts that impact effectiveness and well-being across both the work and non-work domains.
- 2017 - Disciplinary Research Award, Graduate School of Business & Public Policy
- 2017 - Ascendant Scholar Award, Western Academy of Management
- 2017 - Editor's Commendation (Top 10 articles of the year), Journal of Business & Psychology
- 2016 - Nominated for the 2016 Rosabeth Moss Kanter Award fro Excellence in Work-Family Research, Joint: Center for Families at Purdue university; Boston College Center for Work & Family
Boards, Memberships, & Certifications
- 2013 Editorial Board Member, Journal of Vocational Behavior
- 2011 Reviewer, Journal of Vocational Behavior
- 2010 Reviewer, Journal of Organizational Behavior
- 2008 Member, Western Academy of Management
- 2007 Member, Academy of Management
- 2007 - 2009 Member, Eastern Academy of Management
- Book Chapter
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2016). Following the leader in sports: A targeted review and a rally for extended research.
- Journal Article
- DiRenzo, M. S., & Aten, K. J. (2018). Embeddedness and turnover intentions in extra roles: A mixed-methods analysis of the United States Marine Corps Reserve. Career Development International, .
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2018). A meta?analysis of the antecedents of work–family enrichment. Journal of Organizational Behavior, (39).
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2017). Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes: How action phase functional leadership, team human capital and interim vs. permanent leader status impact post-transition team performance. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, .
- DiRenzo, M. S., & Aten, K. J. (2017). Role identity salience and boundary permeability preferences: An examination of enactment and protection effects. Journal of Vocational Behavior, 102, 99-111.
- Aten, K. J., & DiRenzo, M. S. (2017). Gender and professional e-networks: Implications of gender heterophily on job search facilitation and outcomes. Computers in Human Behavior, .
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2016). A holistic view of employee coaching: Longitudinal investigation of the impact of facilitative and pressure-based coaching on team effectiveness. Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, .
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2016). Boundary conditions of the emotional exhaustion-unsafe behavior link: The dark side of group norms and personal control.. Asia Pacific Journal of Management, .
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2015). Relationship between protean career orientation and work–life balance: A resource perspective. Journal of Organizational Behavior, (36), 538-560.
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2014). When do emotionally exhausted employees speak up? Exploring the potential curvilinear relationship between emotional exhaustion and voice. Journal of Organizational Behavior, (35), 1018-1041.
- Technical Report
- Aten, K. J., & DiRenzo, M. S. (2015). Work life balance in the context of the Navy.
- DiRenzo, M. S. (2014). Assessing the potential of virtual worlds for Navy training: Cognitive learning processes and outcomes in the Virtual Schoolhouse.