There are many hiring authorities available to bring highly-qualified candidates into Federal service. Leveraging these authorities to target and hire the talent you need, with the wide variety of skills and experience needed across the Federal Government, is essential to ensure good hiring outcomes.
For the most current information regarding hiring authorities, visit the Office of Personnel Management's policy site HERE.
You may also view the Hiring Manager's Toolkit on the Office of Civilian Human Resources (OCHR) Portal, HERE (CAC required - select your e-mail certificate). Resources available on the Portal include a Recruitment Authorities Quick Guide, Hiring Manager Checklist, and more.
Before beginning the recruitment and hiring process, be sure to contact your servicing HR Specialist for additional guidance.
- GS_WG Request to Recruit - 2018.pdf (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- DON Recruit Fill Form - 2018.pdf (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- AD Request to Recruit - 2018 (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- Fact Sheet - Vets' Preference for AD positions (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- AD Recruitment Process (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- OPNAVINST 12330.1, Civilian Merit Promotion Plan.pdf (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- Non-Competitive Authorities OCHR Fact Sheet.pdf (Öffnet neues Fenster)
- DON Hiring Map.pdf (Öffnet neues Fenster)