Today@NPS_Title

Today@NPS

Asset Publisher
Protocol Staff Sailor Reenlists, Ponders Future
U.S. Navy photo by MC2 Shawn J. Stewart

By MC2 Shawn J. Stewart

Culinary Specialist 2nd Class Darin Wright takes the oath of enlistment from Lt. Matthew Colpitts during his reenlistment ceremony at the Monterey Pines Golf Course, Feb. 18. Both Wright and Colpitts serve in NPS' Protocol Office.

"It's always a pleasure to see someone of CS2 Wright's caliber, a guy who truly loves the Navy and does all he can do to excel," said Protocol Officer Lt. Matthew Colpitts. "This is a guy who wants to be in the fleet and wants to go back and make an impact. It's always a pleasure to see that happen."

During the ceremony, Wright was given the opportunity to reflect on his time at NPS.

"I've had a great time here. I've had two of the best bosses you can have in [Chief of Protocol] Vickie Hoy and Lt. Colpitts," said Wright. "I also can't say enough about President Route and his family. They've allowed us into their home and we have shared many great moments." The tour that Wright started at NPS in 2012 is now coming to an end, but his gaze is firmly set upon the future.

"I'll be heading up to Washington, to serve in Carrier Strike Group Eleven aboard the [aircraft carrier USS] Nimitz [CVN 68]," said Wright. "I love going to work everyday and meeting new and interesting people … and that's what I'll be looking forward to doing in Washington."

Nav buttons

Archives

2019 2018 2017 2016 2015 2014 2013

Today@NPS showcases some of the speakers, conferences, experiments, lectures, and other events that take place at the Naval Postgraduate School on a daily basis. If you would like more information about any of the highlighted activities please contact the Office of University Communications at pao@nps.edu.
February 2015 Title

February 2015

Asset Publisher