Students and faculty at the Naval Postgraduate School are welcome to join our informal Wednesday brown-bag seminar series. All SEED students are expected to regularly attend. We meet from 1210-1250 in GL-286 (or the SEED Barn in GW-2007 as a backup).
- SEED brown-bag seminars will resume in the Spring quarter. Check back for an updated schedule.
- Prof. Susan Sanchez and Prof. Tom Lucas - SEED Center Overview for new students
- LT Kristin Erickson, US Navy - Analyzing tactics and techniques within distributed lethality using agent-based simulation
- CDR Kevin Williams, US Navy - Exploring options for adding a Magnetic Anomaly Detection (MAD) capability to the P8-A
- Ali Opcin, LTjg Turkish Navy - Modeling anti-air warfare with discrete event simulation using the SIMKIT library
- LT Hank Villatoro, US Navy - High energy laser employment in self defense tactics on naval platforms in a complex air environment
- Salah Ilaslan, Captain, Turkish Air Force - Analysis of error propagation within hierarchical air combat models
- Raja Sikandar, Pakistan Navy - Analysis of protection measures for naval vessels berthed at harbor for terrorist attacks
- LT Michael Schambach, US Navy - Analysis of a long range undersea strike weapon
- LT Melvin Cheang, Singapore Navy - Operational energy capability portfolio for protection of maritime forces against small boat swarms
- LCDR Kevin Fornal, US Navy - Evaluating risk associated with extended, uninterrupted testing of unmanned undersea vehicles
- Dr. Paul Sanchez, NPS - Basic version control with git
- Prof. David Kelton, University of Cincinnati - Irregular simulation: Input modeling, applications, and heresies
- LT Allison Hogarth, US Navy - Improving Navy recruiting with data farming
- LT Peter Balazaki, US Navy - Assessing the Navy's Officer Strategic Analysis Model (OSAM)