The Naval Postgraduate School is a graduate research university offering master’s and doctoral degrees in more than 70 fields of study to the U.S. Armed Forces, DOD civilians and international partners.
WELCOME TO NPS
STRATEGIC PLANS AND GOALS
- Transform NPS students through excellent education programs consisting of relevant and innovative instruction and research experiences.
- Build and maintain excellence in instruction and research in our faculty.
- Leverage the opportunities created by sponsored activities to benefit the education of naval students.
- Relentlessly pursue organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
Degrees Awarded (Total AY 2016)
Students Average on Board (AY 2016)
- Approx $100 million in sponsored research funding
- Research programs are aligned to NPS curricula
- Research at NPS is valuable to improving the national security of the United States.
FACULTY & STAFF
- 223 Tenure Track Faculty
- 382 Non-Tenure Track Faculty
- 51 Military Faculty
- 345 GS/Wage Grade staff members
- WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration (NASPAA)