Master of Science in Contract Management (MSCM)
Providing advanced education in the concepts, methodologies and analytical techniques necessary for successful management of acquisition and contracting within complex organizations.
The MSCM curriculum provides valuable tools to students for immediate application in real-world defense acquisition scenarios. Additionally, the students' culminating projects focus on solving current DoD acquisition concerns. The MSCM is a 24-month, part-time, distance learning program open to qualified uniformed officers, DoD civilians, Government employees, and a limited number of DoD contractors. The MSCM degree also provides DAU CON Level II and III equivalency. DAU changes made after the establishment of the MSCM program for an academic cohort will be reviewed and accommodated if and where feasible.
MSCM program goals are to provide:
- Knowledge, skills and abilities to lead and manage more effectively
- A curriculum focused on problem-solving and decision-making within the acquisition and contracting environment using case studies, team exercises, hands-on applications, active participation and other similar activities
Open to all qualified uniformed officers, DoD civilians, and Government employees; a limited number of DoD contractors.
Requirements for entry
Candidates for the program must have achieved the following: a baccalaureate degree with a minimum undergraduate quality point rating (QPR) of 2.20.
Eight quarters with two courses per quarter
Master of Science in Contract Management
Requirements for Degree
- Completion of a minimum of 48 credit hours of graduate-level courses, at least 12 that are at the 4000 level. (Credit hour requirement does not include 6 hours assigned for the Joint Applied Project.)
- Completion of an approved Joint Applied Project with at least one advisor from NPS
Each course meets once a week, approximately 3 hours per day, depending upon course units.
Director, Acquisition Career Management (DACM) in the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Navy (Research, Development and Acquisition).
Master of Science in Contract Management commencing week of 05 January 2016
Note: MSCM Summer Program moved to Summer AY16 Quarter 4
Call for Applications (PDF) Cohort 835-164, Starts 06 July 2017
Tuition Letter (PDF)
Applications are now being accepted. If interested, please complete these two steps as soon as possible.
- Complete the NPS admission request via the online NPS Application Management System.
Select program 835, academic year 2016, quarter 4
- Request official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended to be sent to the following address:
Naval Postgraduate School
1 University Circle, Herrmann Hall Room 019
Monterey, CA 93943-5100
(831) 656-3093 or DSN 756-3093