Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
Providing students with the ability to think critically and analytically, and to make strategic decisions under conditions of uncertainty.
The EMBA is a defense-focused management curriculum tailored to include the latest defense-concentrated studies. The program design and coursework capitalize on the current managerial and leadership experience of program participants. The EMBA is a 24-month, part-time distance learning program for Department of the Navy (DON) senior officers and DON senior civilians. The curriculum also satisfies DAU Academic Level II equivalencies for most program management courses. DAU changes made after the establishment of the EMBA program for an academic cohort will be reviewed and accommodated if and where feasible.
EMBA program goals are to provide participants with:
- A solid background in management fundamentals
- Financial management and acquisition knowledge and abilities
- The analytical- and critical-thinking skills necessary to make decisions under conditions of extreme uncertainty
- Opportunities for interaction so that managers can learn from each other
- Projects and activities relevant to today's knowledge-driven, team-based environment
For more information regarding the EMBA program, such as degree requirements, coursework, eligibility, cohort information and so forth, please visit the EMBA details page.