The mission of the DoD Information Operations Center for Research is to provide graduate-level IO education, facilitate the exploration of new IO concepts, conduct research and analysis, and support relevant field experimentation.
The Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (OUSD-P) is the sponsor of the DoD IO Center for Research.
DoD IOCR Briefing: This briefing provides a short overview of the DoD IOCR and the associated curriculum.
Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only. Other than activities conducted by or sponsored by DoD, DON, other military departments, or the DoD IOCR, inclusion in this website does not imply advocacy or sponsorship of any of the posted activities, publications, or programs.
The DoD IOCR exists to:
- advance the goal of information operations as a core military competency
- support the DoD commitment to transform our military capabilities
- provide avenues for research for information operations asymmetric warfare, combatting terrorism, and unconventional thought
This website is meant to serve as both a source of information on the DoD IOCR at NPS itself, and a source of information on IO education, training, and research being conducted DoD-wide and elsewhere. Those interested in knowing "who is doing what" in IO can use this site as a "one-stop shopping" source.
If there are additional resources not found on this site, or for any suggested corrections/changes, please advise the website manager: InfoIOC@nps.edu
New or Coming Soon
Cyber Endeavour 2017 Conference
- 20-22 June 2017 at SEI at Carnegie Mellon University
- Call for papers, ready for submission by 30 March 2017
- For information go to http://www.cyberendeavour.org/
Joint Interagency Field Experimentation (JIFX) 17-2
- 13-17 February 2017 at Camp Roberts, CA
- Experiment proposals due by 16 September
- For information go to http://my.nps.edu/web/fx, email email@example.com, or call 831-704-6542
CNW 2017 Cybersecurity, Exploitation and Operations Workshop
- 6-7 June 2017 at MIT Lincoln Laboratory
- CNW is held at the SECRET//NOFORN and TS//SCI levels
- For more information go to http://conferences.ll.mit.edu/cnw
Military Cyber Affairs: Call for papers
- Military Cyber Affairs (MCA) seeks unclassified, scholarly papers addressing issues of importance in all areas related to the conduct of military cyber operations. MCA is a peer-reviewed professional journal published biannually by the Military Cyber Professionals Association (MCPA). MCA provides a multidisciplinary forum for scholarship and discussion of cybersecurity, cyber defense and cyber operations and their military implications, drawing from the fields of intelligence, engineering, information technology, law, policy, and others.
- For information go to http://public.milcyber.org/activities/journal/authors