The mission of the DoD Information Operations Center for Research is to provide graduate-level IO education, facilitate the exploration of new IO concepts, conduct research and analysis, and support relevant field experimentation.
The Undersecretary of Defense for Policy (OUSD-P) is the sponsor of the DoD IO Center for Research.
DoD IOCR Briefing: This briefing provides a short overview of the DoD IOCR and the associated curriculum.
Information on this website is provided for informational purposes only. Other than activities conducted by or sponsored by DoD, DON, other military departments, or the DoD IOCR, inclusion in this website does not imply advocacy or sponsorship of any of the posted activities, publications, or programs.
The DoD IOCR exists to:
- advance the goal of information operations as a core military competency
- support the DoD commitment to transform our military capabilities
- provide avenues for research for information operations asymmetric warfare, combatting terrorism, and unconventional thought
This website is meant to serve as both a source of information on the DoD IOCR at NPS itself, and a source of information on IO education, training, and research being conducted DoD-wide and elsewhere. Those interested in knowing "who is doing what" in IO can use this site as a "one-stop shopping" source.
If there are additional resources not found on this site, or for any suggested corrections/changes, please advise the website manager: InfoIOC@nps.edu
New or Coming Soon
Joint Interagency Field Experimentation (JIFX) 17-1
- 7-11 November 2016 at Camp Roberts, CA
- Experiment proposals due by 16 September
- For information go to http://my.nps.edu/web/fx, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 831-704-6542
The Army Press: Call for Papers
- The Information Domain: Synchronizing Information Related Capabilities to Win in a Complex World
- Director of the Army U.S Army Information Operations Proponent Office, on behalf of the Commanding General, U.S. Army Combined Arms Center
- Submissions must be received by 6 October 2016
- For more infomation visit https://armypress.dodlive.mil/call-for-papers
Cyber Electromagnetic Activity 2016
- 18-20 October 2016 at Aberdeen, Maryland
- For information go to http://www.crows.org/event/192-aoc-conferences/2016/10/18/69-cema-2016.html
Military Cyber Affairs: Call for papers
- Military Cyber Affairs (MCA) seeks unclassified, scholarly papers addressing issues of importance in all areas related to the conduct of military cyber operations. MCA is a peer-reviewed professional journal published biannually by the Military Cyber Professionals Association (MCPA). MCA provides a multidisciplinary forum for scholarship and discussion of cybersecurity, cyber defense and cyber operations and their military implications, drawing from the fields of intelligence, engineering, information technology, law, policy, and others.
- For information go to http://public.milcyber.org/activities/journal/authors
- 21-23 October 2016 in Washington D.C.
- International Conference on Cyber Conflict.
- Focusing on a theme of Protecting the Future.
Sponsored by the Army Cyber Institute at West Point
- For information go to http://aci.cvent.com/events/cycon-u-s-2016-conference-on-cyber-conflict/event-summary-1aa58c3dbbcc42259274a3c8d61e5598.aspx
5th Annual AOC Pacific Conference
- 8-9 November 2016 in Honolulu, HI (Classified discussions on 10 November at Camp H.M. Smith, HI)
- "Challenges and Opportunities for IO/EW/Cyber in A2/AD Environments"
- This annual IO Symposium is PACOM's only professional development, Allied engagement, and operational problem solving event for PACOM's IO community
- Sponsored by PACOM and the AOC
- For information go to http://crows.org/event/192-aoc-conferences/2016/11/08/73-5th-annual-aoc-pacific-conference.html