"Readiness Through Safety"
Navy Policy is to provide a safe and healthful workplace for all personnel. The Navy achieves these conditions through an aggressive and comprehensive program fully endorsed by the Secretary of the Navy (SECNAV) and implemented through the appropriate chain of command.
It is the mission of the NPS Occupational Safety, Health, and Environmental (OSHE) Directorate to save lives and provide academic and research readiness. We accomplish this mission through the use of leading indicators – proactive, preventive and predictive measures to identify risks and mediate them through process improvement measures.
Command leadership is fully committed to preventing and/or minimizing personal injuries/illness and damage to Navy facilities as evidenced by Naval Support Activity's OSH Policy Statement & the Naval Postgraduate School OSHE Policy Statement. A safe and healthy work environment is achieved through the management of a comprehensive NAVOSH program identified in OPNAVINST 5100.23 (series) and the Environmental Readiness Program OPNAVINST 5090.1D . The NAVOSH program primarily features annual workplace inspections, compliance with applicable standards, prompt abatement of identified hazards, OSH training, reporting procedures, mishap investigations, industrial hygiene, and more.
Topics covering chemical stressors and Health & Safety Programs is covered in the information briefs.
Safety News & Events
- The Monthly Safety Talk for March is on Mishap Reporting
- Please take a moment to review the Ergonomic Awareness Training and certify that you have completed the training.
- OSHA 300a Log for CY16 - Summary of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, has recieved command endoresment
- Information Regarding Current Air Conditions
- Motorcycle Safety Training Schedule & Registration.
- Link for recording a Mishap, Near Miss, or Property Damage in ESAMS