Telework is a work arrangement that allows an employee to perform work, during any part of regular, paid hours, at an approved alternative worksite (e.g., home, telework center). It is an important tool for achieving a resilient and results-oriented workforce.
Ready to apply for telework? Complete the following steps:
1. View your telework eligibility in My Biz+
2. Set up a meeting to discuss your telework eligibility with your supervisor - agree on frequency and schedule and discuss expectations for communication. Remember that telework is a privilege, not a right - your supervisor may not approve your telework request.
3. If approved, complete the following steps:
i. Complete telework training available in TWMS - print and save your completion certificate
ii. Complete and sign a DD Form 2946 Telework Agreement
iii. Determine your IT requirements for remote work and ensure that you have a properly set-up workspace
4. Get started with telework!
i. Telework must be accurately reflected on your Time & Attendance. Check the EHZ box in SLDCADA to annotate the appropriate code. There are three different codes for Telework: TW (Regular/Recurring ), TS (Situational), and TM (Medical - to be used in rare cases and in coordination with HRO).
Completed agreements for all faculty and staff must be submitted with the training certificate to the Human Resources Office. For questions regarding Telework check out the resources below, or contact Employee Relations.
NOTE: All Full-time Telework Arrangements must be approved by the NPS President and that Full-time Telework Arrangements in another locality will result in a change in locality pay. Full-time telework requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the effective date of the agreement to allow proper approvals and avoid a debt for the employee.
- DD Form 2946, DoD Telework Agreement (Obre una finestra nova)
- NPSINST 5330.1 - NAVAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL CIVILIAN TELEWORK POLICY.pdf (Obre una finestra nova)
- Signed_Telework_MOA_13JAN16.pdf (Obre una finestra nova)
- Telework Fact Sheet (PDF) (Obre una finestra nova)
- TWMS_Instructions.pdf (Obre una finestra nova)